Thursday, January 27, 2011

For my part

I'm not even sure who the audience of this blog is, so the majority of my writing will most likely just be directed towards the other two writers here, in a classic self-indulgent style.

However, in the theoretical sense that this might one day fill with blog entries, this one will serve as an introduction, and some necessary context.

The three of us: "t3", "imp", and myself are all twenty-something guys, rapidly aging into obsolescence, with little more in common than an overinflated opinion of our respective senses of humor. We are burnouts, deadbeats, and losers, and each of us has uniquely failed or bungled something major in each our lives. We have not found success in our endeavors, and each of us has more than his share of that depressive, self-deprecatory edge that is so common among wannabe comedians.

Imp is a small town bumpkin who has worked a series of dead end jobs in order to support his drug habits. He struggles to find himself creatively and mentally stagnates in his New England hell.

T3 was utterly incapable of dealing with life in a proactive way, and has currently foisted that job off on the United States Air Force, ceding to them his youth and vibrant years. It is profoundly unclear what will happen next, but that is years away.

As for myself, a combination of factors allowed for me to drift miserably through high school and college, and graduate with a mediocre GPA and a useless degree, all without ever figuring out what I actually wanted to do with my life. I am now unemployed and languishing in Los Angeles, desperately seeking something that I would actually enjoy doing, as well as something that someone will pay me to do.


If the three of us can, together, write something good, then maybe I can get a real job and we can all have successful and fun lives. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment